A Middle Level Message from Cheryl McIlrath, IASC ML Assoc. Director
Things may change in education, but the love of students remains a constant. I am sure that your time for planning is at a premium as is mine so I want to try to make it easy for you to keep your student council going strong!
- There are 4 major events during the year for ML student councils:
- The Adviser Conference on Monday, September 17th. You will hear speaker Keith Hawkins for inspiration and information, there will be time to share ideas and meet with other advisers, too. http://www.keithhawkins.com/
- The Middle Level Jamboree at Tipton Middle School on Saturday, October 13 will have Ryan Moran as the keynote and large group facilitator. Check out his website at http://www.ryanmoranspeaker.com/
- The ML Spring Conference is at the Indianapolis Convention Center in conjunction with the HS Representative Assembly. Some schools share transportation with the high school group. Mark your calendar for Thursday, March 14, 2013. We hope to get author of Wonder, R. J. Palacio to come!
- Student Councils, advisers, and principals are honored at the Honor Council Ceremony on May 11, 2013.
- There are DEADLINES for all forms and award submissions. Please pay attention and get those in your calendars now.
- NOW—update your membership in IASC
- Early September—send in registration for the Adviser Conference
- September 17, 2012—Adviser Conference—Indianapolis Convention Center
- September 22, 2012—registration deadline for the ML Jamboree
- October 13, 2012—ML Leadership Jamboree
- February 1, 2013-Award nominations due for Principal of the Year, Adviser of the Year
- March 14, 2013 - Spring Leadership Conference
- April 1, 2013—Honor Council applications are due! They must be postmarked by this date. Judging will happen April 5th so we MUST have it.
- May 11, 2013—Honor Council Ceremony @ 10:30am Indianapolis Convention Center
- May 2013—give kids camper information for Summer Leadership Camp held in Manchester College in July. Watch for more information and forms in the spring!